Microthreads and Stackless Python (was "Phython ...")

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Thu Feb 24 09:47:12 EST 2000

> This is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind for microthreads.
> You can read about it at http://world.std.com/~wware/uthread.html
> and find code at ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/wware/uthread.tgz. You'll
> notice a few different versions with dates; if you run into trouble
> try one of the older ones.

It seems to me that this is a case in point for the superiority of the
stackless-python approach and for the merging of Stackless+Continuations
back into the main Python code base [2.0?]

The combined strength of these two approaches would make Python a killer
langauge for embedded *and* realtime users.

"Embedded Java" is 99% hype, but Python could really happen! This is
exciting stuff.

Hey Guido, are you listening?  ;-)

Warren