Except an exception AND all its subclasses?

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Sat Feb 12 15:29:46 EST 2000

Steve Holden wrote on 950380128:
> Gerrit Holl wrote:
> >
> [about the fact that exception subclassing has
>  been present in Python since God was a lad]
> >
> > But I think it should really be mentoined in the tutorial, since I did
> > not feel the need to read this in detail after I read the tutorial.
> >
> > regards,
> > Gerrit.
> >

> Right.  Put everything in the tutorial, that'll make sure it's
> completely useless to someone needing ro LEARN Python 8^>

Complex numbers are certainly a lot harder than exceptions with
subclassing. A single phrase could be enough.

> The phrase RTFM comes to mind ... although it's great that you
> can do so much with Python WITHOUT digging into the guts of the
> documentation.

You are absolutly right, I should have read the F[*ucking|ine|ree|lying]
manual. But, when I read the first chapter of the reference, I got the
feeling that it was not english and doing lawyer-like. So I gave up.

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Homepage: http://www.nl.linux.org/~gerrit