Except an exception AND all its subclasses?

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Fri Feb 11 17:12:59 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at pobox.com> wrote:
> > it's not possible to catch an exception and all its subclasses as
> > of python 1.5.2, is it?
>
> I'm tempted to say something about time machines, but
> afaik, this has been supported since the very beginning:

Where the very beginning is defined as "from the time we stopped using
string exceptions?". I'm sure there was no such feature when exceptions
were strings. In fact, I distinctly remember a post by the other bot
about how to simulate it with string exceptions.

Sorry I didn't resist the temptation to mention time machines <0.5 wink>
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.