Except an exception AND all its subclasses?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Fri Feb 11 18:13:32 EST 2000

Moshe Zadka wrote:
> > I'm tempted to say something about time machines, but
> > afaik, this has been supported since the very beginning:
>
> Where the very beginning is defined as "from the time we stopped using
> string exceptions?". I'm sure there was no such feature when exceptions
> were strings.

support for class exceptions was added to python
some time between november 1994 and april 1995
(long before standard exceptions were changed
from strings to classes).

the effbot was first connected to comp.lang.python
in june 1995.

maybe not the very beginning, but at least BEB
(before eff-bot)

</F>