MetaKit for python (Mk4py) on Macintosh ... no way :(

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at crao.net
Mon Feb 28 12:06:34 EST 2000

In article <38BA8A1F.2B4ADA0B at equi4.com>, Jean-Claude Wippler
<jcw at equi4.com> wrote:

> If you let me know which release of MacPython you use (an URL perhaps),

1.5.2c1

> I haven't done much with Mk4py on the Mac, other than building an email
> database (work in progress).  It will be much more scalable once the Mac
> supports memory-mapped files (MacOS X, next summer).

I need support on the Mac just because MacOS is one of the OS I use
everyday (with LinuxPPC) ...

Do you have any clue about efficient search into a memory-mapped file ?
I'm afraid I'll be limited to some kind of hash tables ... and coding
"yet another database system" bugs me ...

Regards,

Arnaud