Problems compiling Python on HP-UX 11

Ross Boylan ross at sphinx.com
Fri Feb 4 13:14:03 EST 2000

I have now built a statically linked python on HP-UX 11.  Here is some
additional information.
I will put the build info in a separate message.

Ross Boylan wrote:

> I am trying to build python 1.5.2c on an HP-UX B.11.00.  I think the
> first few items are relatively simple errors in the build scripts. (I
> ran configure and clean first).
>
> 1) Using HP's ANSI-C compiler, I get the following error (under the
> Parser build)
>         cc -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
> printgrammar.c
>         cc -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O pgenmain.o acceler.o grammar1.o
> listnode.o node.o parser.o  parsetok.o tokenizer.o bitset.o  metag
> rammar.o firstsets.o grammar.o pgen.o printgrammar.o -lnet -lnsl -
> ldld  -lcma -o pgen
>         cc -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
> myreadline.c
> cc: "../Include/longobject.h", line 80: error 1681: Must use +e or -Ae
> for long long in ANSI mode.
> cc: "../Include/longobject.h", line 81: error 1681: Must use +e or -Ae
> for long long in ANSI mode.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> So perhaps -Ae rather than Aa should be the option?

I couldn't reproduce this.  It was probably an artifact of switching
compilers.  However,I note that the build on the HP software site (see next
message) used -Ae.

The other items in my earlier message still stand.