win32security, client privleges

daryl_stultz at my-deja.com daryl_stultz at my-deja.com
Tue Feb 8 15:25:30 EST 2000

Hello, I'm on a Windows NT machine on a managed network. I would like
to write an app to manage file security (access rights...) It seems that
win32security is just what I need. However, when I run the following:

import win32security
win32security.GetFileSecurity("SomeFile")

I get the following error:

api_error: (1314, 'GetFileSecurity', ' A required privilege is not held
by the client.')

I have "administrator" status on the network. For kicks, I had the
domain admin log in to my machine and I got the same error. So it
appears as though client refers to something other than my User account.

How do I make this work? Also, is there some decent documentation on how
to use the various win32 modules (or is it all in some MS
documentation?) Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.