A question from a total newbie

pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Wed Feb 23 23:00:15 EST 2000

Dear Lisa, and other new pythoneers,

In my opinion, the most important thing you need
to learn python is a goal!  This may sound sappy,
but python can be used to do just about anything.
Figure out what you really want in life, and
then find ways to get familiar with components
necessary to make it happen.

My first big python project, which is still evolving,
was a morse-code user interface for disabled persons.
I'm hoping to extend this to be generally useful
for people who want to control a wearable computer.
Just imagine tapping away on an invisible keyboard,
typing into the empty air!
You'd have the ultimate privacy & security.

If this sort of thing interests you, grab my code and
extend it to meet your own needs. Study the libraries
themselves to learn how the different pieces of python
fit together.  Python have *very* beautiful library code.

However best you learn, these are just my suggestions.

	-pehr