Inter process communication using Tk/send hangs on suspended processes

Greg McFarlane gregm at iname.com
Wed Feb 16 06:54:53 EST 2000

The only things I can think of are to fork separate processes to do
each send and kill them if they do not respond quickly.  The other way
was for each program to create a unique property on the X root window
that could be queried.  But trawling through the Tk man pages and
sources, I did not find a Tk interface to this feature of X.