Reducing Python's memory footprint?

Joel Hatch joel at wolfpack2000.com
Wed Feb 23 13:58:38 EST 2000

I think that's the problem. How do I get it to share the executable code
between the processes? As a test, I loaded five copies of my application,
and kept track of how much memory was being used (resident size). It looks
like this:

5,988k for the first
11, 976k for two
17,964k for three
23,952k for four
29,940k for five

There doesn't seem to be *any* sharing of resources in this...

--Joel