Real Problems with Python

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Mon Feb 14 02:45:51 EST 2000

On 13-Feb-00 Christian Tismer wrote:
 >  Well, Fredrik is right. I will be the "nobody", and I will
 >  have to build a killer app. I'm planning to show it on
 >  OSCOM2000, thinking of Eric Raimond's words: "Don't give up!"

Christian!

Don't give up, I mean that, but I just have to give you a few Swedish
words of wisdom. The first one is from the northern part of Sweden,
known for it's calm people who speak with very few words. Here goes:

  It's never too late to give up!

The second one was given to me by one of my colleagues. I don't know its
true original.

  To get ready is to give up.

Now, that can be interpreted in at least two ways. One interpretion is
"you should never get ready, because then you have given up". An other
is "If you are ever to get ready, then you have to give up". Which one
you prefer is probably a matter of taste.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343