breaking the ; habit

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Feb 14 11:45:55 EST 2000

"Dirk-Ulrich Heise" <hei at adtranzsig.de> écrit:

> François Pinard schrieb in Nachricht ...

> No, Tim Peters didn't write that.
> Take a little bit more care when quoting people.

You misinterpreted what quote of Tim I quoted.  It was an empty quote. :-)
Granted that we do not often quote an empty quote.  But surely, Tim wrote
empty as part of some bigger text, and I quoted that empty, and deleted the
rest.  What was missing in my reply was the attribution for the middle level
`>', and I very agree with you that it makes it look like attributed to Tim.

OK, ok!  Instead of arguing (and I hope you read the implied smileys),
I agree that I should be more careful at attributing all quote levels,
and maybe not attribute empty quotes :-).  I'll try to be more careful.
No offence was intended, and I presume that Tim did not take any...