Which GUI?

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Thu Feb 17 17:09:32 EST 2000

Off the top of my head:
	Not available on Macs, or most exotic architectures.
	Slightly less "pure" design than, for example, FxPy (which is
conceptually beautiful).  The use of distinct sizer objects can be a little
annoying when accustomed to something like FxPy, where being the child of
something means the you are drawn in its child area, with placement etc.
figured out for you.  Leads to all sorts of minor editing errors.
	Advanced grid widget still a design project
	(minor) Stability issues (passing incorrect arguments can cause
memory protection errors etc.) Note: wxPython has been much more stable for
me than Fox, but I haven't used Fox in a number of months.

On the other hand, I use wxPython daily because:
	It has the best documentation I've seen so far (save tkinter)
	Speed
	Very responsive developer (Robin), and ongoing development
	Decent selection of widgets
	Acceptable, if not heart-achingly beautiful underlying design

Enjoy all,
Mike