Fully Bracketed Syntax

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Feb 13 05:33:05 EST 2000

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 07:03:48PM -0800, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	Try writing your example solicitation letter without ending
> sentences in periods, interrogation marks, exclamation marks, etc.

I've seen those. Some people were even hired. Admittedly, this was for the
transport & communications departement for the largest hospital in Amsterdam
(the AMC) where I ran the faxmachine in the mailroom because i was the only
one who knew how to unjam it. You dont need a lot of languageskills in order
to transport boxes and mail around a few buildings, and get people to sign
for them ;)

Nevertheless, it was fun work. I still prefer the people I met there over
the managers I see nowadays, now that I'm deeply into the computer industry.
The language skilllevels hardly differ between the two, anyway ;)

And-overtime-was-better-at-the-AMC-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>