Oil on troubled waters ...

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Wed Feb 23 15:03:35 EST 2000

Gerrit Holl wrote:

[original technical discussion snipped]

> > umm.  that's no Tkinter installation problems (but I'm
> > sure Gerrit will pop up and say it is ;-)
>
> I consider this as a public insultation only because your
> opinion on something differs from mine and my English lacks
> here to explain how FURIOUS I am! No smiley can help you!
>
> I did not say Tkinter sucks. I explained why _I_ did not want
> to use it. That's a personal opinion and I find this attack
> ABSOLUTLY RIDICULOUS.

I think despite your claimed lack of English (not often noticable
in your technical posts, by the way) you have adequately conveyed
a sense of outrage.  However, nobody claims you said Tkinter sucks.

This is one of those times when, if you don't see what's funny,
it's better to walk away.  Reduce your sensitivity setting a few
notches ... I read this as good-natured joshing, not an "attack".
Perhaps a feeble attempt at humor (though I must admit I smiled),
but definitely not intended to insult or infuriate.

More briefly: Get over it.  Life's too short.  Your obvious
competence speaks for itself most of the time.

daren't-put-a-smiley-on-this-one-ly y'rs
 Steve
--
"If computing ever stops being fun, I'll stop doing it"