Question about X window control

Jay Freeman jayfreeman at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 15:03:31 EST 2000

Hi again,

cgw at alum.mit.edu wrote:

> Well, this question doesn't have a lot to do with Python but I'll answer it
> anyway.
>
> xanim has a -S option to control scaling and a -W option to control
> window placement.  If you type "xanim --help" you'll see it all spelled
> out in great detail.

Thanks for replying, but neither of these is any help. Scaling is irrelevant, the anim is
already the size I want it to be. And the +Wxnum and +Wynum parameters position the anim within
the window, not the window within the desktop.

What I was after on the Pyhton side of things is how to tell that window to maximize itself. I
can get the pid of the xanim process, but where do I go from there (if anywhere)?

Jay