Killer Apps???

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Fri Feb 18 07:53:35 EST 2000

insanik at hotmail.com (Nick Henderson) said :

>Hello,
>
>I am new to the world of programming and python.  I know Zope is super
>cool and is python's "killer app."
>I was wondering if there were any other such killer apps?
>Thanks, Nick Henderson

An impressive one, that first sold me on the power of Python, was the
Web groupware app BSCW (bscw.gmd.de). It was definitely way ahead of its
time as far back as 1996, and I have yet to see anything approaching its
functionality/ease of use ratio in the open source world of today (yes,
Zope does more, but Zope is hard :-).
Interestingly, BSCW started out as open source before it got trendy, and
went against the times by going commercial in 1998...

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/