JPython install on win98, NT

Tcmits1 tcmits1 at cs.com
Mon Feb 28 23:38:29 EST 2000

I just installed version 1.1.  There is mention of scripts to run the
interpreter and compiler.  Don't see these.  There isn't doc on win installing.

I tried calling into the jar directly:
C:\jpython>java -cp jpython.jar org.python.util.jpython
packageManager: processing new jar, "C:\jpython\jpython.jar"
packageManager: processing new jar, "C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\rt.jar"
packageManager: processing new jar, "C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\i18n.jar"
packageManager: processing new jar, "C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext\sunrsasign.jar"
'import exceptions' failed; using string-based exceptions
JPython 1.1 on java1.3beta (JIT: null)
Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
>>> print "hello"
hello

Where do I locate better install directions and all required scripts?

Josef