erasing and writing test on console.

J.C.Travers J.C.Travers at durham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 08:58:25 EST 2000

I need to write an interactive application to help download files from
the internet. At one point, I need the output to display the status of
the download (like apt-get in debian) i.e. it would be one line saying:

  file: dddddd.ddd     size: xxx bytes     zzzz bytes downloaded

where the 'zzzz bytes downloaded' is updated.
Do I need to use curses to do this, or is there a simpler way just using
the standard print and an erase function that I haven't heard of?

Thanks for any help,

John Travers