Q: Tk's X errors

Sven Drescher Sven.Drescher at dlr.de
Tue Feb 29 05:55:52 EST 2000

Hallo!

I've written a programm to spawn a child and to kill this again. To do this
I use fork() and execv(). Before I start the child I check with
os.path.isfile(), wether the file exists. If the file exists, it will be
started and all works fine. But if the file not exists, I do not the
exec()-command and an error occured.

e.g.
    X Error of failed request: BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for
this connection)
    Major opcode of failed request: ... (X_CreatePixmap)
    Resource id in failed request: ...
    Serial number of failed request: ...
    Current serial number in output stream: ...

What did I wrong?

Thanks for help and hints!

Sven