ConfigParser and .ini files

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Feb 28 16:04:03 EST 2000

  I've finally checked in some changes to make ConfigParser more
.ini-friendly; the new code is attached below.
  I did *not* make ConfigParser conform to any of the specs that
people kindly provided pointers to, for a couple of reasons.  First,
there are a number to choose from.  ;)  Second, I think the "right"
approach is to add a new module to the distribution that specifically
handles .ini files exactly right, and doesn't do any of the extra
stuff that ConfigParser does; that can be done through subclasses
(some possibly provided as part of the module).
  Please CC comments to me since I'm no longer reading c.l.py.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>