Is there any Tkinter telnet client?

pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Wed Feb 23 00:42:34 EST 2000

I'm assuming you want a terminal emulator,
somthing that knows how to interpret and
display all the ANSI/vt100 escape codes.

I needed the same thing a few days ago
and after a bit of flailing, relized the
best terminal widget in the world was
zvt widget in the Gnome/GTK libraries.

I quickly re-coded my app from Tkinter
to pygnome and pygtk, and much to my pleasure
I got it working with a real high-quality
terminal widget, allowing a genuine re-sizeable
terminal emulator window with all the bells & whistles.

To see my code, download morseall-0.1.1.tar.gz
from http://pehr.net/morseall

pygnome and pygtk:
ftp://ftp.daa.com.au/pub/james/python/

Documentation: (also look in /usr/doc/pygtk-xxx/examples/)
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/zvtterm/zvtterm.html