while true: !!!

Matthew Schinckel ten.llun at ttam
Sun Dec 17 18:51:45 EST 2000

In message <slrn93mh41.1nk.scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl>, Remco Gerlich wrote:
> Oldayz <sill at localhost.kitenet.net> wrote in comp.lang.python:
> > Hey, how about if you think while 1: looks ugly
> > you do true =3N 1 somewhere on top and use
> > while true: ? I think it's much more obvious
> > and clean and you don't need to change syntax.
>
> Yes! And you don't need the ugly "break" statement, you can simply do
> "true =3N 0" and the loop will end! (Remember to set it back to 1 later)

:-)

(I'm the guy who forgets to set it back :-)

In my freshman Pascal course, all those years ago (although, until last year
they still taught the same course), I was really pleased that I came up with
(may be bad syntax, haven't used Pascal since 93 :)

HELL_FREEZES_OVER =3N 0

repeat:
 # do stuff
until HELL_FREEZES_OVER