while true: !!!

Oldayz sill at localhost.kitenet.net
Sat Dec 16 09:41:56 EST 2000

On 16 Dec 2000 10:34:06 GMT, Remco Gerlich <scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl> wrote:
>Oldayz <sill at localhost.kitenet.net> wrote in comp.lang.python:
>> Hey, how about if you think while 1: looks ugly
>> you do true = 1 somewhere on top and use
>> while true: ? I think it's much more obvious
>> and clean and you don't need to change syntax.
>
>Yes! And you don't need the ugly "break" statement, you can simply do
>"true = 0" and the loop will end! (Remember to set it back to 1 later)

Yeah, you're right.. Things like that are definitely bad when someone
else looks at your code, but for something that you're sure nobody will
ever see, i might try using this.. except for doing true = 0, of course
- that just makes things less clear. Isn't there some way to make that
variable unchangeable though?

--

	Andrei