Komodo

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Sat Dec 30 00:10:07 EST 2000

Robert L Hicks wrote:

> Has anyone tried Komodo from ActiveState yet?

Yes. *

> What are you thoughts on it?

I think it is pretty good ;-) *

> Will Komodo for Linux have to have the ActiveState versions of Perl and
> Python to work?

I can't speak for Perl.  But for Python, you certainly should be able to
craft your own working Python version.  There is nothing special in the
ActivePython binaries, other than everything Komodo needs in one
package.  I made a valiant effort to continue running Komodo on Linux
with Python built from sources, but gave up once I discovered I didnt
have the XML package configured correctly.  Obviously people with a clue
on Linux would fare better than I ;-)

Or, IOW, ActivePython is the only configuration Komodo is known to run
under, but there are no obvious reasons why other configurations are not
suitable.

Mark.

* For those who can't infer the obvious, I'm part of the Komodo dev team :-]