Python for REAL Projects ?

Igor Poteryaev jah at spam-no-no.mail.ru
Thu Dec 14 17:25:16 EST 2000

Hello DELPHI dragon !

You definitely can get the best from both Delphi and Python worlds.
Have you ever heard about PythonForDelphi located at
http://www.multimania.com/marat/  ?
It is a nice example of both extending and embedding capabilities of
python. You get all comfort of using Delphi forms for UI and flexibility
of python.

dragon at hitech.net.au wrote:

> Hello Python People !
> I have been looking at, and trying out Python (under Win NT) and
> although Python SEEMS interesting can it "cut the mustad" on a real
> client project ??
>
> Curently, I develop using DELPHI + Interbase SQL ( or Borland BDE
> tables) because , in the main, DELPHI offers "mostly" easy to setup
> forms and access to database tables ( not perfect but usable).
>
> FORMS are a major feature of DELPHI and very complex forms may be
> built very rapidly  with AUTOMATIC code stub attachments for component
> events, ie place the component on the form, 'enter' the object
> inspector for that component and write code for the desired  event.

Hmm. Usually it leads to unnecessary dependencies between UI and
program logic. But it is the theme for discussion in other newsgroup.

Regards

    Igor Poteryaev