Problems With socket Under NT & PythonWin 2.0

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Wed Dec 13 17:49:26 EST 2000

Mark Hammond:
> Darrell wrote:
> > PythonWin could have started your app in another thread to avoid this.
>
> Exactly.  In general, this problem will exist for all IDEs that run code
> in the same process.  For this reason, most IDEs are moving to
> out-of-proc debugging.  Komodo has only out-of-proc debugging (and works
> very nicely too)

   While out-of-proc is good for debugging, I like also having the ability
to run things that change the main PythonWin environment. Makes it really
flexible and allows exploration with a combination of running stuff in files
and from the Interactive Window. Then you don't have to build throw-away
test scripts that starts from zero.

   Neil