A Suggestion for Python Colon Syntax

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sun Dec 24 14:16:43 EST 2000

[Tim]
> [...] (ditto the whole "while 1" thread
> that's been going on virtually non-stop for a decade).

[David C.Ullrich]
> and we'll never be certain whether it was an intentional
> joke or not. Keen.

[Thomas Wouters]
> No, I'm certain Tim did not make that horrible, horrible pun by
> accident. No way could he inflict such amounts of nausea and pain
> by accident. Just not possible :)

Winkery seems to irk some people so much that I have been experimenting with
leaving it out half the time.  It's a Bad Idea, I'm afraid.  Witness poor
Greg Ewing, who recently got beat up even in the presence of an explicit
";-)" thingie.  So I resolve to redouble my explicit winking efforts in
2001, and  those who can detect humor without it will just have to live with
the clues <wink>.

"while-1"-is-a-wonderfully-self-referential-thread-though-ly y'rs  - tim