Python core dumping

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Thu Dec 28 21:27:23 EST 2000

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:58:42 +0500, David Allen <s2mdalle at titan.vcu.edu> wrote:
>How can I get python to dump core so I can figure out
>what's wrong with my program, or alternatively, what's
>wrong with python?  Any help would be appreciated.

Is it possible that the script is doing an os.chdir() and the core
file is being written to another directory?

Assuming that the program really isn't using any C extensions, the
most likely cause of a core dump is an infinite recursion that's
filling up the stack before hitting the recursion limit; try
sys.setrecursionlimit(100) to lower the limit, in the hopes of getting
an exception instead of a core dump.

--amk