[ANNOUNCE] PyHTML 0.5 -- Indentation-structured HTML generator

Howard B. Golden howardbgolden at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 12 14:02:05 EST 2000

"Jeff Epler" <jepler at inetnebr.com> wrote:

> PyHTML is an extension of the Python grammar, plus a modified compiler
> which permits the use of HTML-style tags as Python blocks, and which makes
> these tags and expression-statements write their values as output, making
> it easy to write HTML document generators with the block-indentation
> style of Python.

This is somewhat off-topic, but I have been thinking of doing what you are
doing, but "inside-out."  I would like to make an XML version of Python's
syntax, similar to Greg Badros's JavaML (see
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb/JavaML/index.html).  If this
"alternative" Python syntax were available, then it seems to me it would
lend itself even more to embedding XHTML inside it.

I'm planning to write up a PEP on this, hopefully by New Year's Day.
Comments welcome.

Howard