Python legalities

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 12:56:46 EST 2000

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Somehow I doubt the distinction between "free" and commercial software
> is really that clear.  Is it definitely, legally, contractually the case
> that you are completely safe licensing software for money from a third
> party?

Generally, that's one of the things that goes into the contract, yes. Not
shrinkwrap contracts, mind, but real contracts where both parties agree.
Someone can still come after you, but it's a much cheaper response to say
"No, go talk to Joe" than to fight it yourself.

The other choice, of course, is to buy your own insurance. I would imagine
someone would be glad to insure you against that sort of stuff for a price.

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.