Python legalities

lvirden at cas.org lvirden at cas.org
Sat Dec 30 07:22:17 EST 2000

According to Helen Dawson  <helend at accessone.com>:
:The legal department at my company is a bit nervous ...
:They are concerned about the
:risks of using software that may inadvertently contain fragments
:of patented or copyrighted code, without anyone who can indemnify
:us against this risk.

It's good to worry about this.  However, how do you handle the situation
when dealing with software you've written on site?  I would think that
passing the free software through the same reviews as the inhouse procedures
should be sufficient...

"See, he's not just anyone ... he's my son."  Mark Schultz