About WebBrowser

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 02:55:22 EST 2000

"Daniel" <Daniel.Kinnaer at AdValvas.be> wrote in message
news:3a45260d.52012638 at news.skynet.be...
    [snip]
> >import win32com.client
    [snip]
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "C:/Python20/AProject/test1/browzer.py", line 1, in ?
>     import win32com.client
> ImportError: No module named win32com.client

You probably have not installed the win32all extensions from ActiveState
(or the ActiveState distribution of Python, that comes with them); or else
something has gone awry in the installation process (seems unlikely).

> I suppose I need this  makepy-utility you write about? What do I have
> to do to make this sourcecode work for me?

Download the win32all extensions from ActiveState and install them.
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/win32all.html
If you have Python 2, you need to get build 135 of win32all specifically
(a single URL, possibly split by news-handling software...):
http://www.activestate.com/download/ActivePython/windows/win32all/win32all-1
35.exe

Alex