launching a python program from GNU make (Win2K)

jschmitt at vmlabs.com jschmitt at vmlabs.com
Wed Dec 13 15:22:02 EST 2000

>From my experience, GNU make has the most features that I want to use.
However, I find it so hard to use under Windows.  For example, I wrote
a small python program that I can launch from the command line and
execute without problems.  I can't seem to launch it from GNU make.  I
have the python program's directory in my PATH and also in my
PYTHONPATH and I added .py to my PATHEXT list.

What could the reason be and how could I fix it?  Does it have
something to do with GNU make going out of it's way to launch sh.exe if
it's on your hard drive, rather than launching command.exe to shell out
processes?  If that is the case, how do I get sh.exe to recognize my
python programs?  Is it the '#!python' thing that the Unix people do?

John

PS Choosing a different make is not an option here.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/