activex scripting and debugging with Python win32com

Syver Enstad syver.enstad at sensewave.com
Tue Dec 5 08:49:15 EST 2000

As far as I've experienced neither the MS Script Debugger nor Visual
Interdev is able to debug Python ASP code. (Using Active State Python 2.0
and IIS 5.0/Win 2000).

Anybody knows if there are any plans to rectify this, and in what time
perspective. I would be interested in doing some work on making this feature
work as it would help me work more productively with Python at work.

Relevant skills in regard to this is: Some Python experience (last few
months), fairly strong C++ skills, fair COM skills. My handicap is primarily
that I have very limited knowledge of the plumbing between COM and Python.