creating an odbc link with python

Paul Boddie paulb at infercor.no
Mon Dec 11 07:50:01 EST 2000

Scott Hathaway wrote:

> I am using python to create an installation program for a web app that
> we have at our company.  The web app uses an access database that is
> hooked up through odbc.  How can I programatically create the dsn in
> python (I guess I need to edit the windows registry)?

I think that what you are asking is how one can call various functions in the
win32 API so that an ODBC data source gets added to the list maintained by ODBC
driver manager. Whilst I have no experience in this area, it would be
interesting to know how one might achieve this. Perhaps it is a case of calling
methods in various COM interfaces.

Regards,

Paul