WWW_URLEcho with dde

Roger Abbott rogerha at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 08:36:24 EST 2000

In article <3a32b7e6.8685100 at 24.0.228.33>,
  support @ internetdiscovery.com (Mike Clarkson) wrote:
> Has anyone used the dde module in Python to register a URLEcho from
> netscape or Internet Explorer? Looking at the source code to dde I see
> comments about Netscape's use of poke, which indicates the author
> may have been playing with URLEcho.
>
> I'd like to start a dde server and register it with netscape to send
> me an echo when it loads a web page. Has anyone done this?

Yes, in VB. The web site below has a free WebSpy program which does it.
It comes with source code, I am sure you can figure out how it works.
--
Roger Abbott, RHA (Minisystems) Ltd - http://www.rhaminisys.com
DDE Client and Server ActiveX controls for Visual Basic

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.