Authenticate with smtp

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Apr 13 09:54:05 EDT 2000

Ulf,

Are you trying to use that second mail server as a relay host?
What error are you getting?  What happens when you try using
the relay addressing structure? (<@host:user at host>)  Here I get
'unable to relay' errors when I try to bounce off the NT, but
not when I bounce off the linux system.  As far as I can tell
from the RFC, authentication on the receiver-SMTP process
appears to be limited to ensuring delivery to the recipient.

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com