Authenticate with smtp

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Fri Apr 14 14:43:56 EDT 2000

In article <018701bfa53b$f831f3e0$858647c1 at DEVELOPMENT>, Ulf Engstrøm wrote:

>How can I log into an smtp server that requires authentication and send a
>mail with smtplib, or is there any other package that helps? (Yes, I'm
>authorized)
>Regards
>Ulf

A friendly hint:  Your posting was 50+ lines long with 5 lines
of actual content.  Delete all the MIME and vcard stuff.

About SMTP authentication: what type of authentication is
required?  Some servers (MS-Exchange) do plaintext username and
password authentication.  Others require you to have an active
IMAP or POP connection.  Others have a more secure username
password scheme.

I've got C code that does the MS-Exchange username/password
authentication scheme (there may be other similar ones), and
you're welcome to that:

 <ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/ssmtp-2.33-auth.tar.gz>

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'd like TRAINED
                                  at               SEALS and a CONVERTIBLE on