Methods for password storage

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Mon Apr 3 07:21:23 EDT 2000

Hello!
    I'm working on a program which stores passwords (for database
access) that a user enters in a GUI. The program is targetted for unix
machines. I'm not very experienced with security issues like this and am
trying to store them in as secure a manner as possible.
    Does anyone have any advice/examples for how to securely store
sensitive information like this using python? Are there other security
issues I should worry about when dealing with passwords? Thank in
advance much for any advice!

Brad