newbie dbase dataaccess

Anders M Eriksson anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se
Fri Apr 28 04:49:18 EDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:40:46 +0200, "Georg Hammerbacher"
<don.limpio at gmx.net> wrote:

>Hello everybody,

Hello Georg!

>I´m just new in programming Python and now I want to make my own personal
>adressmanager with a simple dBase-file.
>How can I get access to it or where can I find more info´s about using
>dbase-files within Python?

First: Why do you want to use dBASE as the database format?

I haven't found any good dBASE interface for Python. So if you want to
use the dBASE format you need to use ODBC and then you hopefully are
on a computer that runs unders Windows NT/98.

If you don't NEED to use dBASE then look at
http://www.python.org/topics/database/ here you will find alot of info
about how to use Python for accessing databases....

// Anders