newbie dbase dataaccess

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Sat Apr 29 12:58:10 EDT 2000

You're starting on an ambitious project.  I find what works for me is to
simplify all the elements of such a project until they are done trivially.
If I've successfully modularized things I can then improve each piece after
I've got a working prototype.  For the data store the progression of
improvement might be a set of flat files, a db file using the 'shelve'
module, and then maybe start to learn Gadfly as a database backend.
Learning to use SQL in a new database package at the same time working out
program logic and learning Python would be enough to squelch my
motivation:-)

speaking-from-current-experience'ly yr's -Doug-