More about variables

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Thu Apr 6 17:34:41 EDT 2000

Matthew Hirsch wrote:

> Why create named variables?
>
> I always thought that having 20 lists saved more space than having one
> list of 20 lists.  Maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Matt

First make it work.  *Then* make it work better!

If you have to be this concerned about optimization so early in
your development you must be working in a VERY restricted environment...

Python is great at all kinds of stuff.  Let the language do what it's
good at, and optimize only when performance or resource usage gets the
better of you!

regards
 Steve

--
"Bulding information systems just because it's fun."
Steve Holden  sholden at bellatlantic.net  703 716 7275