Why should I switch to Python?

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Apr 1 23:20:03 EST 2000

[Tim]
> There aren't a lot of bilingual P programmers out there ...

[Moshe Zadka]
> I wonder what made you say that?

Why, measurement, of course!

> Actually, I know quite a few bi-lingual P'ers (my ex-girlfriend, her
> ex-boyfriend, and her current boyfriend.  Shows you what kind of crowd
> I mix in) and no highly-proficienct one-P programmers (sure, some Perl
> dabblers, but nothing serious).

See -- that's just anecdotal.  When in doubt, there's no substitute for
exhaustive enumeration.

> So from my prespective, most people know both P languages.

While from mine, people are fascinated by floating-point endcases, think
"Twin Peaks" is the greatest television show of all time, believe "Alien" is
the greatest horror movie all time, "Aliens" the greatest monster movie of
all time, and that the world would be a much better place if professional
wrestling were taught at the JFK School of Government instead of diplomacy.

no-arguments-about-the-rest-ly y'rs  - tim