Why should I switch to Python?

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sat Apr 1 18:03:05 EST 2000

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Tim Peters wrote:

> There aren't a lot of bilingual P
> programmers out there, but I expect you'll find the majority of them hanging
> out on c.l.py rather than c.l.p.m.

I wonder what made you say that? Actually, I know quite a few bi-lingual
P'ers (my ex-girlfriend, her ex-boyfriend, and her current boyfriend.
Shows you what kind of crowd I mix in) and no highly-proficienct one-P
programmers (sure, some Perl dabblers, but nothing serious).

So from my prespective, most people know both P languages. And most prefer
Python, though some still spend some time writing in Perl. (Thanks to
Zope, at least those in web-development switch to Python).

Of course, it possible that those who prefer Perl are simply afraid to
tell me.

(Actually, the only Perler but not Pythonista I know is now thinking of
learning Zope...so we might yet conquer the world).

you'll-never-know-if-this-is-just-april's-fool-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html