building Extensions with compile.py

Frank Rotermund frankr at first-mind.de
Wed Apr 5 03:53:17 EDT 2000

Hello everybody,

I have a problem building C extensions for Python. I tried it the way
the Python Manuals describe it ( Using compile.py to get VC++ 6.0 started
... )
but VC gives my a linkage error which tells me, that VC got an unsolved
extern
symbol initxxx ( xxx is my source name ). Trying to solve this error I found
 '/libpath:"C:\programme\python\libs" /export:initxxx' in the
project-properties
of VC. I removed the export part. This resolved in linking without error,
but
the resolting pyd could not be imported in Python.

Has anybody a solution for this problem?