Some bugs in Pythonwin b.128

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Apr 2 18:33:08 EDT 2000

"Per Hogberg" <m69ph83q at students.su.se> wrote in message
news:8F0AAC6BEm69ph83qstudentssuse at 127.0.0.1...
> mhammond at skippinet.com.au (Mark Hammond) wrote in
> <_NaE4.6119$V56.24967 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>:
>
> Actually, if you're one of those cursed few with a
non-US/Brit./Australian
> keyboard you may have to tinker a bit. The events for
parenthesis in the
> config file are wired to the Shift-9 & 0 keys. My keyboard uses
Shift-8 &
> 9.

The Oz one shouldnt make a difference - the only thing we have
over the US keyboards is a beer-holder.

> Try changing these settings in your config file:
>     Shift-9           = <<paren-open>>
>     Shift-0           = <<paren-close>>

That is excellent to know.  Does anyone know how I can determine
the keyboard layout?  ie, how can I programatically determine
where the paren keys are?

> to the default file. Not even idle.cfg in the distribution
worked this way.
> I ended up copying the whole default.cfg file. I didn't try
hard so this
> just might work for everyone else :-)

Onm what way didnt this work?  This would be an option I
suppose - provide specifical configurations for specific keyboard
layouts?

Mark.