Some bugs in Pythonwin b.128

Per Hogberg m69ph83q at students.su.se
Sun Apr 2 09:48:32 EDT 2000

mhammond at skippinet.com.au (Mark Hammond) wrote in
<_NaE4.6119$V56.24967 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>"Michal Bozon" <bozon at natur.cuni.cz> wrote in message
>news:Pine.OSF.4.10.10003281852310.6437-100000 at prfdec.natur.cuni.c
>z...
>> known from IDLE 0.5, I mean when I write a function name and
>> the beginning bracket, it appears a tip "window" with list of
>>arguments
>> of function and the docstring.

>This works for every one else :-)

Actually, if you're one of those cursed few with a non-US/Brit./Australian
keyboard you may have to tinker a bit. The events for parenthesis in the
config file are wired to the Shift-9 & 0 keys. My keyboard uses Shift-8 &
9.

Try changing these settings in your config file:
    Shift-9           = <<paren-open>>
    Shift-0           = <<paren-close>>

BTW, I never managed to put my changes in a separate file and use fallback
to the default file. Not even idle.cfg in the distribution worked this way.
I ended up copying the whole default.cfg file. I didn't try hard so this
just might work for everyone else :-)

  Per.