Tkinter install?

Dirck Blaskey dirck at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 7 22:53:28 EDT 2000

John Schmitt <jschmittNOjsSPAM at vmlabs.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:081c4ffb.329993cd at usw-ex0102-014.remarq.com...
> ...  I get this message in Tkinter.py:886:
>
> -------------------
> TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
> directories:
>     {} ./lib/tcl8.0 D:/pyprojects/grayson/tcl8.0/library
> D:/pyprojects/grayson/Examples/library
>
> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

This usually means you have extra copies of the tcl/tk dll's floating
around your system.  They should only be present in the tcl/tk install,
get rid of the others.  Here's a fix for the PATH issue, as well:
http://www.danbala.com/python/fixtk/

This has popped up several times recently -
if you need more details, search in
http://www.deja.com/group/comp.lang.python

good luck