Tkinter install?

John Schmitt jschmittNOjsSPAM at vmlabs.com.invalid
Fri Apr 7 14:31:29 EDT 2000

What environment variables are needed to use Tk/Tkinter?  Are
you supposed to be able to edit the environment variables from
within PythonWin's Tools/EditPytonPath menu?  I can't seem to
change anything from there.  I really want to point the relevant
variables to the right path, but don't know how to do that with
PythonWin.  Any advice?

What brought this question on is this:  I did a clean install of
py152 (NT4, if it matters) and did the install of tcl/tk.  I
have Grayson's Tkinter book, and I'm trying to run one of the
examples.  I get this message in Tkinter.py:886:

TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
directories:
    {} ./lib/tcl8.0 D:/pyprojects/grayson/tcl8.0/library
D:/pyprojects/grayson/Examples/library

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

Thanks.

John